The Copper Flat Project takes advantage of significant infrastructure improvements that are a legacy from the Quintana operation in the early 1980s.
Existing Concrete Foundations
Plans for Copper Flat Mine take advantage of significant infrastructure improvements that are a legacy from the Quintana operation in the early 1980s. Incorporating existing works into the plans provide US$54M in capital savings. Existing works at Copper Flat inlude:
- 115 kV powerline from the Caballo Substation to the mine site.
- Production wellfield and 20-inch pipeline from the wellfield to the mine site.
- Diversion channel collecting stormwater from west and south of the pit and diverting unimpacted flows down Grayback Wash.
- Site grading of the process, mine shop and administration areas and access roads.
- Existing concrete foundations and structures including:
- Primary crusher structure
- Coarse ore reclaim tunnel
- Concentrator building foundation
- Metallurgical laboratory foundation
- Truck shop foundation
- Administration building foundation
- Pre-mine stripping of overburden to release ore for processing.
Existing Water Pipeline