The Copper Flat Project takes advantage of significant infrastructure improvements that are a legacy from the Quintana operation in the early 1980s.
Existing Concrete Foundations
Valued at $53.9M, the existing infrastructure that will be reused during redevelopment includes the items listed below:
- Access to the mine site includes approximately 3 miles of all-weather gravel road.
- 115 kV powerline from the Caballo Substation to the mine site.
- Production wellfield and 20-inch pipeline from the wellfield to the mine site.
- Diversion channel collecting stormwater from west and south of the pit and diverting unimpacted flows down Grayback Wash.
- Existing concrete foundations and structures (see diagram above)
- Pre-stripping of waste material to prepare for open pit mining
Existing Water Pipeline